Apply for your Driver's License and/or Michigan ID in person at the Secretary of State Branch Office in Saginaw.
- Address: 4404 Bay Rd, Saginaw, MI
- Phone: 888.767.6424
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm; Wednesday only, 11:00am-7:00pm
- Schedule an appointment online (shorter wait times) or
- Walk-ins are available (but longer waiting times)
How to you get to the office?
- Go on your own (friend, cab, etc) or
- The International Programs office has scheduled Friday trips to the Secretary of State office. Contact the office to sign-up (email@example.com)
How much will my first license or ID cost?
- A standard state ID is $10.
- A standard first-time license is $25.
Remember to bring these documents with you:
- Social Security number/card
- Letter of in-eligibility (Form SSA L-676)
- You need this letter if you do not have a Social Security number
- Valid Passport (Unexpired)
- I-94 form
- Two documents that show your current local U.S. address (Example: bank statement, tuition bill, a class schedule, etc.)
- Driver’s License from your country:
- If you have a driver license from your country, bring it with you and make sure it is completely translated in English.