International Transfer Student Requirements
An international transfer student…
- is seeking a bachelor’s degree
- is not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- has previously enrolled in a college or university
- An application will enter the review process once the above steps are completed.
- Once the application is reviewed, the Decision Letter can be viewed from within the application portal.
- Seeking an F-1 visa:
- If you are admitted, follow the steps for Admitted students.
- If you are already in the U.S. with an F-1 visa:
- Fill out SECTION A of our Transfer In Form (105KB) and then send it to your current designated school official (DSO) to fill out SECTION B.
- Once completed, the Transfer-In Form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the form is acceptable, your SEVIS record can be transferred to SVSU using our SEVIS School Code: DET214F00627000.